Continuous Training on Threats on Terrorism around the world
5. Terrorism is not something far away, it can happen in Singapore
9. Terrorism is not something far away, it can happen in Singapore
12. Thank You
1. Continuous Training on Threat of Terrorism Around the World
4. ◦ Terrorism is spreading around the world beyond anyone’s control. With the increasing number of bombing incidents around the world, no country including Singapore can take safety for granted.
2. In this module, you will be Updated on security – related and/or Terrorism information. Recap on handling Bomb - Threat and Suspicious Person, Vehicle & Activity.
3. ◦ Terrorist incidents can be very violent and may be targeted against specific people and organisations, but as it is becoming common these may be indiscriminate and everyone is at risk. The setting of explosive or other potential dangerous devices (bomb threats) is a potential hazard in all premises. ◦ The aim at all times must be to protect the safety of all people within the premises .
8. Investigations revealed that the man is suspected to have sent out at least five envelopes containing such bomb threats, with no intention or means to carry out the threats. The police said he will be charged in court on Saturday (April 14) with criminal intimidation by anonymous communication under Section 507 of the Penal Code. If convicted, he faces a jail term of up 9 years or a fine, or both. The police added that they treat all security threats seriously and will not hesitate to take action against anyone who causes public alarm.
7. SINGAPORE - A 46 - year - old man has been arrested for his suspected involvement in a series of anonymous bomb threats. In a statement released on Friday (April 13), the police revealed that they have been receiving several reports of envelopes containing anonymous bomb threats being received by several establishments, which include various government buildings, hotels and convenience stores. Officers from the Bedok Police Division conducted enquiries and forensic examinations and arrested the man on Friday.
10. Every Bomb Threat is unique and should be handled in the context of the facility or environment in which it occurs. The following procedures to be observed: Remain Calm Use the Checklist for Bomb Threat if the receive by phone. (* Note down the details as much as possible) Notify Supervisor or Control Room immediately or seek attention of near - by personnel to inform the Police Conduct search for the presence of bomb, Call 999 to inform the Police Perform evacuation procedure Record in the Occurrence Book and Incident Report
11. Every Bomb Threat is unique and should be handled in the context of the facility or environment in which it occurs. The following procedures to be observed: Remain Calm Record the descriptions of Suspicious person, vehicle, activity or item (* Note down the details as much as possible) Notify Supervisor or Control Room immediately or seek attention of near - by personnel to inform the Police. Conduct search for the presence of bomb, Do not touch or tamper with suspicious item. Call 999 to inform the Police Perform evacuation procedure Record in the Occurrence Book and Incident Report
- 562 Total Views
- 403 Website Views
- 159 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 71 focussecurity.com.sg
- 9 backend.focussecurity.com.sg
Emergency Procedure Bomb Threat1173 Views .
Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS)837 Views .
Emergency Procedure Fire Emergency769 Views .
How Do I Use A Fire Extinguisher? | DIY Basics618 Views .
Learn CPR and AED Procedures583 Views .
19082019101100303 Views .
19082019101039283 Views .
19082019101049268 Views .