Emergency Procedure Bomb Threat
3. How many ways I would receive the Bomb Threat from? Phone Call Mail or Regular Courier
2. As a Security Officer, what is my role and responsibility? My role is to help observe any suspicious person or vehicle which eventually be a threat to the estate I am protecting In Bomb Threat and Work Place Safety
5. What should I do while talking to the caller? Ask for precise location Details (how it looks like) Detonation Time What will cause it to explode The Amount What type of explosive use What is the intention of such act?
8. What I should do in the event the bomb is NOT found within the premises Declare as false alarm Inform and Update the POLICE (999 or 995) Inform and Update the Management Inform and Update the Focus Security Services Pte Ltd Record all incidents in the Occurrence Book
6. What other information must I take while talking to the caller? Caller Voice Gender Language used Background noise etc IMPORTANT : Be polite DO NOT Antagonize the caller !
7. What I should do in the event the bomb is found within the premises DO NOT attempt to open the package Inform and Update the POLICE (999 or 995) Inform and Update the Management Inform and Update the Focus Security Services Pte Ltd Perform Evacuation Procedure REMEMBER: Inform all evacuees not to touch anything that looks suspicious while securing the premises Cordon the area where the suspected item is located
9. What action I need to do when I receive the Bomb Threat? (Through mail or regular courier) DO NOT attempt to open the package Place the suspected item in a corner of the room away from windows Inform and Update the POLICE (999 or 995) Inform and Update the Management Inform and Update the Focus Security Services Pte Ltd Perform Evacuation Procedure REMEMBER: Inform all evacuees not to touch anything that looks suspicious while securing the premises
4. What action I need to do when I receive the Bomb Threat? RECEIVED CALL Stay Calm CALL 999 Alert someone MANAGEMENT FOCUS SECURITY Security Officer to keep the caller talking as long as possible while the Police trace the call IMPORTANT : DO NOT HANG UP THE PHONE ! Take out Bomb Threat Checklist (Through Phone Call)
11. What are the Do’s and Don’ts? • Do not take the lifts • Do not open the door when you feel heat on the door • Do not use water on Electrical Fire • Go for the nearest staircase • If you encounter smoke during your evacuation, stay low to the floor. • Know your building’s evacuation plan. • Know two ways out of any building. • Make sure that hallways and stairway doors close tightly. • Know the locations of fire extinguishers, fire alarm pull stations, and exits.
10. Where is the assembly area? Evacuation Procedures • SO to guide all evacuees to exit via staircase in an orderly and calm manner to the designated assembly area . • SO to ensure no evacuees are allowed to use the lift and to stay away from glass surface, windows, outside doors or walls, display shelves and anything that could fall and result in injury during the evacuation . • At the assembly area, SO to direct traffic and movement of evacuees as not to obstruct the passage of the Authorities (e . g . Police, SCDF vehicles and etc . ) . • SO to ensure that all main entrances, exits and pathways to the building are adequately manned and cordon to prohibit unauthorised entry . • SO to ensure that the SCDF has been notified and direct the Civil Defence Officers upon arrival . • SO to provide first aid if necessary . • SO to record all incidents in the Occurrence book and update the management of Premises and Focus Security . Assembly Area Car Park near the guard post Open area out the premise Assembly Area : Alternate Assembly Area :
- 1174 Total Views
- 926 Website Views
- 248 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 131 focussecurity.com.sg
- 27 backend.focussecurity.com.sg